Friday, October 9, 2009

VeganMoFo: Thai Red Curry with Butternut Squash and Beans





O' my heavens above this was so good! I make thai curries all the time but tonight the combination of sweet butternut squash and hearty beans was outstanding. I also added white squash and red bell peppers for color. Anything with coconut milk gets an A in my book. I was greedy and enjoyed my curry with two different beds of grain. On the right side I have quinoa, a delicious nutty grain that goes perfect with the flavors of the curry and on the left side, "kanom jean" (or somen noodles) that is a more traditional Thai accompaniment to curry. It was wonderful and I ate this all up!

Basic recipe for thai curry here. You can use any kind of curry paste, green or red, panang etc. And also change up the veggies, omit tofu and add beans, whatever!

4 comments:

nora said...

quinoa is by far my favorite grain to soak up sauces!!

Monique a.k.a. Mo said...

That looks good! I love that you have noodles and quinoa.

Jen Treehugger said...

I'm totally with you here mouse. Coconut milk makes everything amazingly decadent creamy and awesome. This dish looks wonderful. I Love all your Thai creations.

Oraphan said...

Wow! That looks so amazing! I'm a big fan of coconut milk and I gave you an A++ for this dish. I love how you added more veggies in your curry, that sounds really good. It's funny that we both posted about Kanom Jean at the same time.

p.s. I LOVE quinoa, can't wait to try it with curry:)