Monday, October 26, 2009

VeganMoFo: Healthy Nourishing Soup!





This delicious yellow split pea, butternut squash and carrot soup was adapted from the 'Moroccan Pumpkin Soup' recipe from Olive Trees and Honey. It's beautifully spiced with cinnamon, cumin, allspice and turmeric. My husband has decided to "eat healthy" all week so no more delivery pizzas, fast food burgers, frozen pizzas and mac n cheese from a box (yuck!) and more healthy options like this soup. This will be dinner tonight with a nice salad and garlic bread.

6 comments:

cassidy said...

YAY HUSBAND ON THE HEALTH-KICK!
That soup looks awesome & I'm so glad you n the hubby will share it together! YUM!

Eric said...

That soup looks SO good I just ordered Olive Trees and Honey so I can cook that myself.

Glad you shared this, although my wallet is not happy with me :)

Oraphan said...

That's a wonderful decision, YAY!!! I'm so proud of him. I truly believe he'll enjoy "eat healthy" all week long. Way to go, Mr. M!

I have kept a bag of split pea in the cupboard for such a long time, it's time for me to dig it out and get cooking, thanks for such an awesome idea (again)!!!

Trinity (of haiku tofu) said...

mmm I could use some of that soup today! glad to hear hubby's going healthy!

aTxVegn said...

This looks so much better than frozen pizza!

Monique a.k.a. Mo said...

I'd take that soup over frozen burgers anyday! It looks absolutely divine.