Saturday, October 10, 2009

VeganMoFo: Weekend Cooking



I love to cook on the weekends. It's a leisurely thing I like to do on Saturday mornings. This morning I got up early and went shopping for ingredients to make the following:


Vegan Dad's mac and cheese! My favorite! With toasty panko bread crumbs on top.


With a side of beautifully roasted veggies: butternut squash, red peppers, baby carrots, onions, sweet potato and cremini mushrooms with olive oil, fresh rosemary and thyme.


I made these at 9pm last night to have for breakfast this morning! They are Vegan Brunch's "Bakery Style Berry Muffins". I used quebec wild blueberries and mango. They were perfection.


Buster likes to nap on the weekends. I tried to get a pic but he woke up and saw me!

12 comments:

Zoey said...

I wish I was that motivated on Saturday mornings. The roasted vegetables look beautiful.

Vic Robinson said...

Hahaha! Busters pic rocks! I love muffins! Send some my way!

Bonnie said...

I love all these things! I still have to try those muffins from VB, thanks for reminding me...

nora said...

Yeah considering it's only Saturday morning, you're awesome!

Monique a.k.a. Mo said...

Fabulous! Everything looks so delicious. And Buster is always a cutie pie.

Unknown said...

oooh that looks sooooo good!

Oraphan said...

Everything looks so wonderful especially those roasted vegetables, Mmmmm. Your family is so lucky to have you:)

What kind of mango did you put in your muffins? (fresh or dried) It sounds so yummy.

I LOVE Buster's pic, he's the cutest!

Mary said...

MANGO blueberry muffins? Awesome!

I love it when I have time to go to the farmers' market on Saturday morning and spend the rest of the day processing my fruits and veggies. Enjoy your cooking and have a great weekend!

kmouse said...

Oraphan,
I used frozen mangos!

bamboo said...

That mac and cheese looks awesome, as do the roasted veggies!

Seitan Said Dance said...

Everything looks so great. The roasted vegetables would especially hit the spot right now. It's amazing that something so simple can taste so good.

lindsay said...

those roasted veggies look amazing- i love the color!