I had a bunch if bananas that were very spotty so I decided to make cake. But the question was, which one? I was bored of my go-to banana cake do I opened up My Sweet Vegan and picked out the Banana Foster cake recipe. This one is rich with margarine instead of oil, both white and brown sugar and lots of bananas, five I think. The only thing I didn't have was rum so I left it out. And I also didn't top it with caramelized bananas because laziness. So it's just a banana cake minus the foster.
Wednesday, December 6, 2017
1. Drain 1 can of young green jackfruit. (Unripe jackfruit) Rinse with water.
2. Put into bowl and dust liberally with a dry BBQ rub. I made my own using a recipe I saw online.
3. Heat oil in a pan and brown the jackfruit in oil. Once it's browned and softens up you can start shredding it with a fork.
4. On medium heat, add about 1/2 cup BBQ sauce and hot sauce of choice as much as you prefer.
5. Keep cooking and stirring until BBQ sauce coats all pieces mixture dries up a bit, if it's too wet/watery, keep cooking.
6. Serve on toasted buns with coleslaw of choice.
Monday, November 27, 2017
Got this pesto at TJ's and thought I would use it in s grilled portobello sandwich.
Sunday, November 26, 2017
Friday, November 24, 2017
I cooked a lot but was so busy that I didn't get many shots of food. This is Trader Joes Breaded Turkeyless Roast. It was huge, so different from last year's at Christmas. I think it's from a different food manufacturer but who cares, it was delicious! Great texture and flavor.
Monday, November 13, 2017
Yum yum yum!!!! I opened up the September issue of Jamie Magazine (got a year subscription for Christmas last year) and found these two recipes that were calling my name. So glad I tried them because together they were so good!
Sunday, November 5, 2017
When I saw Vegan Richa's recipe for pumpkin cornbread, I thought it was genius. How perfect for Fall with a bowl of spicy bean chili!
I used fresh pumpkin purée that I made from my son's jack o lantern from Halloween and it was perfect.
Make these today!