I made the banana bread recipe from 1,000 Vegan Recipes the other day but left out the chocolate chips and nuts. I also used brown sugar instead of white. It has very little oil so I was surprised how nice they came out! We made them into muffins. H loved them obviously!
Wednesday, March 20, 2019
This turned out super delicious. The Happy Pear have great recipes. I left mine in the oven for 55 min instead of 30 so my veg are a little overlooked. Still creamy and yummy!
Monday, March 18, 2019
Sunday, March 17, 2019
This is the same stew I made last year. It cooked overnight for 11 hours. It is super rich, flavorful and tender. I based it off the recipe I saw at a blog called "It doesn't taste like chicken".
Here's what I did:
1. Prep 3 potatoes peeled and cut into chunks, 3 carrots cut into chunks, 1 rutabaga peeled and cut into chunks.
2. In a pan, prepare 3 Boca Turky burgers by frying them in a little oil on both sides so they brown. Take them out of the pan and in the same pan fry 1/4 of a chopped onion and a carton of sliced Cremini mushrooms, add a little soy sauce and fry until onions are translucent and mushrooms are cooked. Cut up the burgers into chunks and add to the pan and cook for a little while longer or until burgers are cooked and no longer frozen. Set aside.
3. Sauté 3/4 of the remaining chopped onion and two sliced leeks in oil until translucent.
4. In a bowl, add 3 cups of vegetable broth, 2 oz. tomato paste, 2 tsp sugar, 1 TB soy sauce, 1-2 tsp mixed herbs of choice (parsley sage rosemary and thyme), 2 TB nutritional yeast, salt and pepper.
5. Layer in crockpot: potatoes, rutabaga, carrots. Mix them up a bit. Then add leek and onions, then cover with the burger chunks/mushrooms. Pour the broth mixture over and cook on low for 11 hours. You may need to adjust salt to taste after its finished cooking.
Thursday, March 14, 2019
Thursday, March 7, 2019
Sunday, March 3, 2019
The scrambled tortillas recipe from Vegan Brunch is so good. I used medium firm tofu instead of soft and I just mushed it up instead of blending. Worked out fine! I also boiled the cubed potato instead of steaming. The sauce is yummy, like an enchilada sauce.