Tuesday, October 6, 2009

VeganMoFo: Quinoa Black Bean & Chorizo Enchiladas




Gotta make do with what you have! I still had 1/2 a tube of soy chorizo that I needed to use so I made some quinoa, heated up a can of black beans that I sauteed with onions and garlic first, then added the chorizo to it. Corn tortillas and tomato sauce completed my enchiladas. The topping looks like cheese but it's actually vegan mayo that was mixed with lemon juice, chili powder and a bit of tomato sauce. It really gives the enchiladas more flavor (not to mention fat!).


I was so eager to show you the insides so I cut into them too soon. They fell apart. But you can see what's in there. I ate this bit and it was delicious!

8 comments:

Matt (Our Veggie Kitchen) said...

I love the filling. It looks and sounds delicious.

Unknown said...

i LOVE how your enchiladas look! enchiladas are my favorite way to use up things that need to get eaten. and your sauce with the mayonnaise sounds really clever! i usually make a nooch-based nacho cheesey sauce, but i'll have to try this as well!

Anonymous said...

looks delicious. I love your blog-it's my favorite and I'm basing many of my dinners from it!

Bonnie said...

Looks so good!! I definitely have to try something like that sometime.
I love your idea for the sauce on top, too! it does look like cheese at first sight, but it sounds really tasty.

The Kuntrageous Vegan said...

ooh those sound delicious! i love any southwestern style food.

Oraphan said...

What a beautiful Enchiladas!!!!!I'm so impressed with your creativity to use up what you have and turn them into a delicious meal! Way to go!!!
p.s. I LOVE Quinoa and black bean, they are such a perfect combo! :)

Anonymous said...

The filling sounds delicious! I bet those were some really yummy enchiladas. Your food is always so creative!

Monique a.k.a. Mo said...

Yum! That mayo thing looks amazing.