Friday, October 16, 2009

VeganMoFo: Lebanese Eggplant Stew with Pearl Couscous





A beautiful and simple dish from Tables of Lebanon cookbook. It has only a few ingredients: olive oil, garlic, onions, eggplant, tomatoes, spinach, water and cumin. I added spinach to it instead of the zucchini that it originally called for. You'd never guess these few ingredients would yield such a tasty stew. I served it on top of pearl couscous (aka Israeli couscous) and it was delicious! I think it would be wonderful on rice as well as regular semolina couscous.

3 comments:

vegan.in.brighton said...

That looks great, I love pearl cous cous!

Monique a.k.a. Mo said...

Oh, wow! That looks so good.

Oraphan said...

That eggplant stew looks so good! And it sounds like a very easy recipe that I can handle!

Eggplant is one of my favorite veggies. How did I miss this post??? I'm so glad I came back to your older posts, thanks!