Thursday, October 15, 2009

VeganMoFo: Spinach Artichoke Dip





Let's go Dodgers! Game 1 of the NLCS is tonight and I'm going to be heading over to my bro's house after work to watch the game. I'm really excited and I hope our boys kick the Phils' butts! I prepared my famous spinach artichoke dip to bring along with crackers, chips and salsa and hummus and pita bread. Can't wait!

Artichoke Spinach Dip

1 container Tofutti Better Than Cream Cheese (I find this at Trader Joe's, Ralphs Market and Whole Foods Market)
1 cup Vegenaise
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 14 oz can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
1 10 oz box frozen spinach, thawed, drained and chopped
1/2 cup sundried tomatoes in oil, drained and chopped
2 TB nutritional yeast (optional) or 1/4 cup vegan parmesan (optional. I've left these out with no problems.)
2 TB lemon juice
1/2 tsp italian herbs
salt and pepper
chili flakes

Combine all ingredients and pour into a baking dish. Top with crushed chili flakes and extra vegan parmesan. Bake for 20-25 minutes at 350 degrees F until browned and bubbly.

16 comments:

vegan.in.brighton said...

Ooooh yet another delicious looking recipe!

Trinity (of haiku tofu) said...

Mmm I love spinach artichoke dip. Thanks for veganizing it!

TracyP said...

I love the Dodgers, too, and watch every game I can. Go Andre!! (Just got a double in the 7th.) You might remember I'm the one who asked for the Broccoli Cheese Rice recipe you make from the Ultimate Uncheese Cookbook, and you emailed it right away.

Mary said...

Now that the Sox are eliminated, I am cheering for anyone but the Yankees. I'd love to see Joe Torre beat them!

Sindy said...

Spinach dip- YES! Dodgers- NO. LOL- sorry, I had to say that since I'm in a Giants family and have been very well trained to hate the Dodgers even though I don't watch baseball.

Oraphan said...

Oh! That looks fantastic! I LOVE spinach artichok dip but I've never made it myself. I should try your recipe soon, thanks:)

kim g. said...

That sounds (and looks) really yummy. It's similar to the spinach artichoke dip that I make, but I don't add sun dried tomatoes or italian herbs. I'll have to try that next time!

LJ said...

Mmmmm, sounds delish, but (*cough cough*), GO PHILS!

;)

Monique a.k.a. Mo said...

Kim, can I ask what you used for parmesan?

kmouse said...

Mo,
I used parmezano sprinkles from the Uncheese cookbook!

Michal said...

i love this recipe! this used to be one of my favorites i havent had it in ages!

Tami said...

I love your artichoke dip and have made it several times as a dip. But I've also used it other ways too - it's also really good on a grilled sandwich with tomatoes and zucchini, and also as a pizza topping instead of pizza sauce (I was inspired by the Papa Murphys veggie pizza with a garlic cream sauce, spinach, artichoke hearts, tomatoes). Thanks for the recipe!

Andy said...

Oh my god. This was AMAZING! I made it for an Oscars party last night, and I couldn't believe how delicious it was. Been looking for a vegan spinach artichoke dip for a while, and this was EXACTLY was I was after!

I sprinkled a little Daiya mozzarella into the mix just for some extra cheeziness. Thanks for the great recipe!

P.S. Sorry to say I didn't include the sun-dried tomatoes, but it was delicious (and cheaper) without them.

Kat said...

This looks wonderful. Do you think it could be assembled 'raw' the night before, and baked the next night?

TuxedoCat said...

I just posted a link to this recipe on my blog! Thanks for the inspiration!

Unknown said...

Just wanted to say... this is one of my all time favorite recipes! I have it bookmarked and been making it for years. Everyone loves this and many omnivore's I've made it for have told me it's the best spinach artichoke dip they have ever had - I have to agree! My undying thanks to you for this fabulous recipe! <3 <3 <3