Sunday, October 4, 2009

VeganMoFo: My Birthday Dinner.




My parents treated me to a birthday dinner on Friday night. We went to Siam Chan Thai Restaurant in West L.A. My folks love that place and go there often and I've been a few times myself. It's not a vegan restaurant but whenever I've gone, they were always happy to leave out fish sauce and oyster sauce and add tofu to any dish. My parents, husband and brother ordered omni dishes while I helped myself to Pad Kee Mow (Drunken Noodles) with tofu, vegetable red curry and sweet and sour tofu. I can't believe I didn't take any pics! We had a camera and everything. I just remember diving in once the food came and never looking back!


33 years old and not looking it yet, I hope!


This was the sweet and sour tofu leftovers that I had for lunch the next day.

11 comments:

Debbie said...

Happy birthday! My birthday was Friday, too. Of course I am a few (ahem) years older than you.

kmouse said...

Happy Birthday to you Debbie. We're birthday twins! :)

Jen Treehugger said...

You don't look 33 at all. You are one very beautiful mouse.
:)

vegan.in.brighton said...

That looks like a fun birthday dinner, even the leftovers look delicious and you certainly don't look 33!

Mihl said...

Happy birthday! I'll be 33 soon, too. Your leftovers look so delicious.

Mary said...

I'm totally surprised you're 33. I would have said 26. Your meal sounds fantastic. Happy Birthday!

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday!

You're only 6 months older than me, and we don't look anywhere near our age - go us! :D

Cindy said...

Happy Birthday! Seriously, from your profile pics, I always thought you were about 26! Yay!

Monique a.k.a. Mo said...

I hope your birthday went well! You look gorgeous and so does the food.

Oraphan said...

What a lovely family picture! You are so beautiful both the inside and out, Kim! Your leftovers look really good. YUM!!! :)

P'Noi said...

Happy belated birthday, my dear Kim!!
You still look as beautiful as you were 10 years ago. I miss you & your family very much, hope to get together again, soon! :) <3