Wednesday, October 21, 2009

VeganMoFo: Hominy and Bean Burger Wrap





Yes. Another revamp recipe where I take leftovers and turn them into a new dish. I had soo much leftover posole stew that turned really thick overnight in the fridge. I used half of it, drained off the liquid and mashed it with chickpeas that I had in the fridge and added chopped onions, cilantro, masa flour, bread crumbs, salt and pepper. I shaped them into patties, sprinkled a little masa flour over them and baked them in the oven for about a half hour, flipping halfway. I had the idea to make wraps because I had whole wheat flour tortillas and ripe avocados. They were so good! I spiked some vegan mayo with lime juice and hot sauce to complete the wrap, along with fresh lettuce and tomato.

7 comments:

Trinity (of haiku tofu) said...

Wow, those wraps looks fantastic!

Monique a.k.a. Mo said...

That wrap is ridiculously awesome! That avocado looks amazing.

Lauren said...

Those wraps look amazing!! We need a tutorial on how you wrap your wraps, you do such a good job!

Vic Robinson said...

Hominy is so underused! I am so glad to see this is a recipe.

k's mumbo jumbo said...

Those wraps look crazy good!

Oraphan said...

Oh my goodness! Those wraps look incredible! You have to teach me how to do this, YUM!

Mary said...

That is such a good idea. It sounds delicious! I need to do this more often with leftover stew, instead of letting it grow mold.