Monday, October 5, 2009

VeganMoFo: A Stew in the Fall.



What better food to eat in proper fall weather than a stew? I'm soooo glad that our hot, humid summer has finally turned into mildly sunny, breezy, chilly weather! This is still Southern CA so it's not that cold but just enough nip in the air to make you want comfort food. Last year's Veganmofo on this same day the 5th of October, I made a soychorizo corn stew. Well, I decided to make it again and it was even better than I remembered! I didn't have any green pepper or eggplant so I subbed carrots and zucchini. Any squash or veggies will do really...


I put homemade roasted garlic croutons on top (crouton recipe from Veganomicon). This is a really tasty stew with a bit of spiciness from the chorizo. I had a little taster bowl for lunch and it was so warm and comforting. I'll be having more when I get home from work today.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

oooh! that looks like just my kind of meal! sometimes i feel like we're palate kindred spirits when i look at your blog!

Jen Treehugger said...

I LOVE those croutons from Vcon (guess what I'll be using the failed bread for)
:)
That stew looks perfectly warming and comforting. I'm happy the nights are cooler now.

Vic Robinson said...

I love soup! Cute bowl and great looking soup. It has been total coup weather here in Atlanta.

Oraphan said...

Wow! That looks so amazing! I LOVE stew, it's really my kind of food:)

The Kuntrageous Vegan said...

oh my gosh those croutons looks dangerously delicious!
and now i want soup.

aTxVegn said...

Those croutons are the perfect topper for that beautiful stew.