Sunday, October 25, 2009

VeganMoFo: Za'atar Pizza





I've never had an authentic Lebanese pizza but this was definitely inspired by photos and recipes I saw online. I had a Trader Joe's pizza crust in the freezer that I used as a stand in for homemade pizza dough. I am not skilled in anything that has to do with yeast so I've been relying on TJ's for my pizza dough for quite some time. I mixed some za'atar with olive oil and spread it on the dough, added baby spinach, mushrooms, chopped tomato and onions. After baking for about 10-15 minutes, it puffed up and got all brown and golden and beautiful. I topped it with more fresh tomato and onions. So so perfect!


A slice served with rocket salad that was simply dressed with olive oil, red wine vinegar, salt and pepper. Rocket (aka arugula) goes so well with pizza I've learned.


And one must not forget tea in bed on the weekend! My friend brought back tea from Malaysia. It's Cameronian Gold Blend and it's sooooo good. Smooth and beautifully golden colored. I absolutely love it. I enjoyed this with more pizza and apple turnovers that my dad got for me from Ralph's (they are vegan but not healthy!).

8 comments:

Bonnie said...

The pictures make me crave that pizza so much! It looks wonderful.

And I love your tea in bed pictures!

Oraphan said...

That pizza looks SO so perfect!!!

I always tell everyone that I'm not a BIG fan of pizza but yours looks so tempting. Then I realized the reason why I don't care much about pizza, that's because I'm not fond of cheese! I'll give this a try to see how I like it (I believe I will because there's no cheese in it), maybe I'll use different seasoning if I can't find Za'atar.

kmouse said...

If you don't have za'atar blend, just use a mixture of thyme, oregano and sesame seeds. That's pretty much what it is.

Rose said...

That pizza looks so good, I want to take a bite of the picture! I've never heard of Za'atar before, I must check it out.

Very interesting post...thanks for the ideas and the introduction to Za'atar.

Monique a.k.a. Mo said...

You simultaneously make that pizza look deliciously sinful and delicate 'n' fancy.

Oraphan said...

Me again, I wanted to let you know that I ended up making pizza for dinner tonight. I'll try to post about it tomorrow, thanks for such a terrific idea,Kim!

I didn't know that they have vegan apple turnovers at Ralphs, your dad is so sweet! :)

printable coupon said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

mmm... that pizza looks delicious! I must remember that recipe and make it myself, soon!