Wednesday, October 7, 2009

VeganMoFo: Breakfast in Bed and Bleeding Dodger Blue.





Tonight is Game 1 of the National League Division Series, Dodgers vs. Cardinals. The postseason has begun and I'm excited to see my team fight to make it to the World Series. I will be decked out in Dodger blue today. This morning I made a "blue" smoothie in homage to my boys in blue. It's not really blue blue, more purple really, but it's got blueberries, bananas, dates, mango and a handful of spinach (for some iron!). I also had a couple multigrain toasts with sunflower butter and a side of fresh melon. Deliciously simple and will give me energy to get through the day. Hopefully I'll be home from work in time to catch the first pitch on tv! Let's go Dodgers, let's go!!!

3 comments:

mollyjade said...

I love sun butter!

Vic Robinson said...

melon and a blue smoothie?!?! yummm! If the dodgers can beat the yankees I am all for them. ;)

Oraphan said...

I always LOVE your breakfast in bed! It's simply delicious. I also LOVE how you put spinach in your blue smoothie. I tried once with mango and avocado, I loved it. Hope your boys win:)