Sunday, May 23, 2010

Refried Bean Tacos with Chipotle Corn Salsa


Made a big pot of refried beans today from scratch. They are unbelievable! I don't like to buy refried beans in a can anymore. I used the beans to make tacos with corn tortillas, Daiya vegan cheese and a chipotle corn salsa. I also added a spicy habanero hot sauce that set my mouth on fire!

Chipotle Corn Salsa

1 14oz. can golden corn (no sugar added), drained or use frozen thawed corn
1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, diced
1/2 small onion, chopped
1/2 tsp. chipotle chili powder
1/8 tsp. cayenne
juice of a small lime
salt and pepper to taste
fresh parsley or cilantro (I used dried parsley because that's all I had)

Mix all together and chill until ready to use.

6 comments:

MissAlyssaDawn said...

looks delish! now im craving mexican! yum

Vic Robinson said...

That looks super yummy! I think I may may something like that for myself tomorrow. Inspiration! :)

kmouse said...

Vic,
Can't wait to see how you put your tacos together. You have a great way of using what you have in very creative ways.

The Kuntrageous Vegan said...

that simple salsa sounds delicious :)

Ciciolina said...

very good ..
it's interesting for me, thank you .

B.A.D. said...

how do you make your re-fried beans?