Saturday, May 30, 2009

Really Good Sandwich...I Mean Really Good.



Wow, this was so flipping good! Not the healthiest sandwich around but if you're going to indulge on a weekend with a great sandwich, some chips and a ballgame on tv (go Dodgers!), why not make it really really tasty? It's got a bunch of good stuff in it: veggie turkey slices (Smart Deli brand), spinach-walnut pesto that I made early this morning, tomatoes, pepperoncini, olive salad that I made as well (which you can see in the little bowl in front), lettuce, red peppers, vegan mayo, mustard, olive oil, salt and pepper, all on fresh ciabatta bread. Amazing. About the olive salad: I have no idea what a traditional olive salad has in it but I quickly made mine up with kalamata olives, green olives stuffed with garlic, more garlic, onions, olive oil and red wine vinegar.

7 comments:

veggievixen said...

that sandwich is STACKED. holy yum.

Vic Robinson said...

That sandwich is huge! How do you even eat it! awesome!

Anonymous said...

yum my mouth is watering just looking at that sandwich...the olive salad must have been a nice complement to the sandwich too!

Oraphan said...

YES, it's amazing!!! Your sandwich looks really...really good. I believe you didn't eat it all yourself, did you? I love the olive salad, I'll have to make it soon. Thanks for such a great idea!=D

Mike K said...

That sandwich is amazing - looks like perfect food to kick back and watch baseball with - yum! The olive salad sounds good too.

Sal - AlienOnToast said...

that is one tasty look sandwich - yum!!

Amey said...

mmmmmmMMMMMmmmmmmm!
yummy! I really love sandwiches. I think a good sandwich is a truly satisfying experience. Now I want a sandwich! Kmouse rules!