Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Soup and Salad.



I'm trying to be good and eat soups and salads through out the week. It keeps things light and easy on my schedule as well as my stomach. I try to save the more indulgent foods for the weekend. I whipped up my favorite red lentil soup (sephardic recipe from 'Olive Trees and Honey') and a half recipe of "black pepper cheeze" from 'Ani's Raw Food Kitchen'. It's the easiest raw cheese recipe I think, just raw cashews, garlic, black pepper, lemon juice and water. I used the soft cheeze as a spread on top of fresh tomatoes and persian cucumbers. If you want, you can drizzle olive oil and balsamic or cider vinegar over it. That would be very tasty indeed.

5 comments:

Oraphan said...

What a great combination!!! Both soup and salad look fantastic. It sounds so yummy to eat that raw cheeze with cucumber. I have to try it real soon.

Jen Treehugger said...

A FAB combo indeed!

aTxVegn said...

Always a great combination!

Eric said...

I'm with you on the soup idea. I love soup, and try to have that during the week to keep things light.

I'm hoping to try my hand at the lentil soup this weekend, and I just realized I have all the ingredients to make the black pepper cheeze.

Oraphan said...

Just wanted to let you know that I've been crazy for soup & salad lately. It's so easy & healthy, eating light makes my tummy happy!
By the way, I love the article you wrote for morbidoutlook.com. I totally agreed with you 100%, I've saved a lot of money from not buying meats since the New Year. Thanks for being an inspiration!=D