Monday, May 25, 2009

Long weekends and leaving room for quiet moments.

What a weekend! Hope your Memorial Day weekend is eventful as well as relaxed with time to recover from a long work week. My weekend was full of fun; my cousin's beautiful Thai wedding on Saturday morning, followed by a beautiful backyard reception all evening and into the night with tasty food, family, friends, great music and tired feet! I felt totally beat up the next morning but had to get up to go to my little brother's house for a bbq and a Dodger game on his large HD flat screen television. That was a lot of fun (even though we lost!) and I ate way too many veggie dogs. I was still tired from the wedding and nursing a small headache and achey limbs. When I got home, I did as much household chores as I could handle and relaxed most of the evening. To contine the "relaxation" trend today, I prepared breakfast in bed to eat leisurely while I lay in bed enjoying this quiet morning.


Very simple but perfect breakfast. Cardamom flavored coffee, pita with margarine and a really nice Bulgarian wildberry jam, and a little bowl of mangos, oranges and bananas sprinkled with cinnamon.

4 comments:

nora said...

yummmmmmm. sometimes simple brekkies like that just hit the spot!

veggievixen said...

yummm! the wedding sounds fantastic. did you get to eat lots of thai food?? sounds like a tiring but wonderful weekend.

Oraphan said...

What a wonderful weekend you had! I'm so glad that I was there at the most memorable wedding.

Your breakfast looks really good, simple but yummy!!! =D

Monique a.k.a. Mo said...

Cardamom coffee! Cardamom coffee!