Saturday, May 2, 2009

Potlucky.

Foods that I slaved away to make but had much fun doing it. I was lucky that it all came out great! Hope everyone enjoys them at the party.


Spanakopita from 'Vegan with a Vengeance'. These were quite challenging to make. I was originally going to make a large pie but thought that individual servings would do better at a party. They came out really cute and have been taste tested by my husband. He gives them two thumbs up. (The party has not yet started and I saw him sneak another one and steal away to his room!)


Prospect Park Potato Salad from 'Veganomicon'. I've made this several times and it's always a hit.


Beautiful bean salad (kidney, white, fava) seasoned with garlic, lemon juice, olive oil and parsley.


Isa's famous chocolate chip but with added mocha chips. Yay!

I also made fresh salsa and hummus which came out fabulously as well.

14 comments:

kibbles said...

Wow. Those cookies look perfect! I've always wanted to host a potluck but I don't have enough vegan friends to come over. Maybe some day! :)

nora said...

Where do you buy mocha chips?!

Chelsea said...

Lucky potluckers! That all looks super tasty!

Mary said...

Oh, wow. Nice spanakopita pockets!

kmouse said...

nora,
I get them at a local kosher market. I found those as well as white chocolate and rainbow chips.

Anonymous said...

Everything looks perfect, I am sure everyone enjoyed your food!

Rose said...

That potato salad looks awesome!
Would you reccomend buying the veganomicon book?

kmouse said...

Rose,
Veganomicon is a great book with inventive recipes. I'm sure you'll love it.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the compliment Kim! This is a great blog, I'm not vegan but I'd love to try one of these recipes sometime. Congrats on the job too! I'm gonna add your blog link to my blog.

Liz Ranger (Bubble Tea for Dinner) said...

wow, your cookies look fantastic! in fact, the whole spread!

cassidy said...

YUM. i'm so glad everything came out so beautifully, especially the spanikopita - they look perfect!

i think i might make that bean salad tonight - it looks so easy and delicious!

aTxVegn said...

I'm sure everything you made was enjoyed. It all looks wonderful!

Oraphan said...

YES! I can confirm you that everything was so delicious especially the spinach pie. Nathan said he loved your cookies so much. It was such a great party,thanks for having us. xoxo:)

Jen Treehugger said...

Goodness - that all looks sooo good.
I LOVE the Spanakopita and Potato Salad - and the Bean Salad looks super yum!