Saturday, May 2, 2009

Potlucky.

Foods that I slaved away to make but had much fun doing it. I was lucky that it all came out great! Hope everyone enjoys them at the party.


Spanakopita from 'Vegan with a Vengeance'. These were quite challenging to make. I was originally going to make a large pie but thought that individual servings would do better at a party. They came out really cute and have been taste tested by my husband. He gives them two thumbs up. (The party has not yet started and I saw him sneak another one and steal away to his room!)


Prospect Park Potato Salad from 'Veganomicon'. I've made this several times and it's always a hit.


Beautiful bean salad (kidney, white, fava) seasoned with garlic, lemon juice, olive oil and parsley.


Isa's famous chocolate chip but with added mocha chips. Yay!

I also made fresh salsa and hummus which came out fabulously as well.

14 comments:

Kay said...

Wow. Those cookies look perfect! I've always wanted to host a potluck but I don't have enough vegan friends to come over. Maybe some day! :)

nora said...

Where do you buy mocha chips?!

Chelsea said...

Lucky potluckers! That all looks super tasty!

Mary said...

Oh, wow. Nice spanakopita pockets!

kmouse said...

nora,
I get them at a local kosher market. I found those as well as white chocolate and rainbow chips.

Kiersten said...

Everything looks perfect, I am sure everyone enjoyed your food!

Rose said...

That potato salad looks awesome!
Would you reccomend buying the veganomicon book?

kmouse said...

Rose,
Veganomicon is a great book with inventive recipes. I'm sure you'll love it.

Melissa said...

Thanks for the compliment Kim! This is a great blog, I'm not vegan but I'd love to try one of these recipes sometime. Congrats on the job too! I'm gonna add your blog link to my blog.

Liz² said...

wow, your cookies look fantastic! in fact, the whole spread!

cassidy said...

YUM. i'm so glad everything came out so beautifully, especially the spanikopita - they look perfect!

i think i might make that bean salad tonight - it looks so easy and delicious!

aTxVegn said...

I'm sure everything you made was enjoyed. It all looks wonderful!

Oraphan said...

YES! I can confirm you that everything was so delicious especially the spinach pie. Nathan said he loved your cookies so much. It was such a great party,thanks for having us. xoxo:)

Jeni Treehugger said...

Goodness - that all looks sooo good.
I LOVE the Spanakopita and Potato Salad - and the Bean Salad looks super yum!