Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Sweet Potato Samosa and Cinco de Mayo food.



Today is my day off and I didn't want to waste a chance to cook. I had a large sweet potato to use up so I made baked samosas which were a recipe from 'Vegan Planet'. They are stuffed with mashed sweet potato, peas, onions and seasoned with curry powder and cayenne. I know this is not very "Cinco de Mayo" so I made up for it by making fresh guacamole and chipotle refried bean dip with grilled peppers and onions topped with lettuce, tomato and cool ranch sauce. The ranch is from 'You Won't Believe It's Vegan'. It has pureed tofu in it which I was very wary of at first but after adding some seasonings like taco spices, lemon juice and garlic powder it didn't taste half bad.

Here are the pics. All this food was gobbled up while watching Dodger baseball!


Samosa in a variety of sizes. They were delicious.


Yummy bean dip. Only things missing were jalapeno and olives.


Creamy guacamole made from 2 large avocados.


Oh and I did make something healthy. A mango, orange banana salad.

5 comments:

bridget said...

Everything looks so yummy!!

Mary said...

That all looks fantastic! Gorgeous samosas.

Oraphan said...

Beautiful samosas! I love sweet potatoes, I'll try to make this soon. Also love that fruit salad, so easy and healthy!!

aTxVegn said...

Everything looks perfect and delicious!

Jen Treehugger said...

That's my kind of food!
Yum, yum, yum!