Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Raw Breakfast Pudding



Last week my friend Cassidy gave me some raw strawberry pie that she made. It was deeelicious! I wanted to recreate that flavor by making this breakfast pudding. It has the consistency more like yogurt I think but the flavors were spot on. A sweet and creamy mixture of bananas, strawberries, dates and cashews. Yummy.

Raw Strawberry-Banana Pudding

8 dates, pitted
1/2 cup raw cashews
2 ripe bananas
6 strawberries, frozen
juice of 1/2 an orange

Soak dates and cashews together in a bowl of hot water for about 20 minutes. Discard the water and put the dates and nuts in blender along with the other ingredients and blend until smooth. Pour into a bowl, cover with cling film and place in the freezer for about 20 minutes. (This step is not necessary. I liked eating it cold.) Serve.

4 comments:

Oraphan said...

This is such a healthy breakfast, great idea! I really love this recipe but I don't have strawberries and dates, I have to go get them right now. :)

aTxVegn said...

This smoothie looks great, like a thick shake. Do you have a fancy blender?

kmouse said...

Diann,
No I only have a Breville. Wish I had a Vitamix though!

Lauren said...

Great looking smoothie! YUM! I have at least one a day!