Thursday, May 21, 2009

Red Lentil Dhal and Peas Pillau



I was going to make a plain soup today for dinner but I wanted to use up the vast quantities of basmati rice and red lentils I have in my pantry. So what better meal to treat myself to than an indian feast? I adore the red lentil dahl recipe posted here. I was lazy and didn't grind up and toast the spices like the recipe says but I had a little taste and it was amazing, especially with a squeeze of lemon juice. To go with the dahl, I made the 'Peas Pillau' recipe from a lovely little vegetarian book called 'Flavors of India'. This rice is beautifully fragrant with the aromas of cinnamon, cardamom, ginger and clove. I took these pictures in the afternoon to get the best light but I won't be eating until tonight after I get home from work. Can't wait!


Peas Pillau in all it's glory.

5 comments:

Chelsea said...

That looks so good! Indian food is so comforting :)

Oraphan said...

Mmmmmm....Your dinner looks so amazing!!! Your family is lucky to have such a great cook like you.

Mary said...

Delicious! Your dahl looks tangy and satisfying.

veggievixen said...

mmm that rice looks so good!!!

Monique a.k.a. Mo said...

I don't know how you do it. Too delicious!