Tuesday, December 16, 2008

When you're in the mood for nuggets but not the chicken kind...

...you can get Soy Nuggets at Trader Joe's for $2.99! (Did I just rhyme?)




Perused the ingredient list and looks like we're good to go! No animal products to be found.


This is only a portion of nuggets, there are a lot in the box. I served them with a spinach salad with balsamic vinaigrette and had some dipping sauces of bbq sauce and vegenaise mixed with hot sauce. The nuggets are not bad, not much in the flavor department but that's what the sauces are for. They are not "chickeny" as far as texture. The outside is nice and crispy but the insides are lighter and more delicate, kind of like fish. Next time I should have tartar and cocktail sauce on the side with a squeeze of lemon. So yeah, these are quite good when you're in the mood for nuggety things. And they are lowfat with around 1.5 gms of fat per serving.



I also made some granola with almonds, walnuts, coconut, raisins, cranberries, apricots and even some peanut butter! I was thisclose to adding chocolate chips but I didn't want to blow it. I'm trying to eat healthy!!! I'm having a bowl of this for breakfast tomorrow with soymilk. Mmm, can't wait.


And here's Buster just because. What a big head!

1 comment:

Brittany said...

I love those nuggets soooo much! Very tasty.