Monday, December 15, 2008

Sephardic Rice Stuffed Peppers

More whole grain cookin'! Today's assignment: make something with brown rice. I want to make sure I'm getting more whole grains into my diet. Yesterday was brown rice pasta, today brown rice! I checked my 'Olive Trees and Honey' cookbook and found this simple recipe for stuffed peppers. It is very basic with very few ingredients: rice, tomatoes, onions, sugar, salt and pepper. I added some garlic, mushrooms and spinach to give it more color and flavor.


I also added tomato sauce for the tops.


Split open so you can see the inside. In the foreground is a cabbage salad with a sweet and sour dressing made from vegan mayo, red wine vinegar, agave syrup, salt and pepper.

Dinner was delicious and very satisfying. I ate one and a half peppers and a lot of salad. (Cabbage is very good for you! It prevents colon and breast cancer as well as being very good for your stomach! So if you have ulcers and stomach issues, eat your cabbage!)

2 comments:

aTxVegn said...

I love cabbage! It looks perfect with the stuffed peppers.

Lovlie said...

These look delicious! Yum!