Saturday, December 13, 2008

Now that's what I call a dinner party!



We visited some very dear friends of ours today who gave us such a gracious and fantastic day and evening. We arrived there at lunchtime, gave the adorable kids Christmas presents, presented our hosts with baked goods (to be seen in yesterday's post) and fine liquor and sat down to a most delicious lunch. Our beautiful friend A made a complete vegan meal which was so very generous and kind. I felt very lucky to be partaking in a tasty spread of delicious stuffed cabbage leaves with rice and vegetables, olive hummus and chips, a bright and refreshing salad and Lutenica (a really gorgeous Bulgarian relish made of red peppers, garlic, tomatoes and other good things.) A also made homemade baklava which was seriously the best I've ever had. Husband and I couldn't stop eating them, they were that good. After many hours of conversation and drink (bourbon, beer, soda and plum brandy), A's husband ordered pizzas for dinner, including my favorite veggie style. It was beautiful and so very nice of him! A & I, if you are reading this, THANK YOU a million times, hugs and kisses and we owe you a nice dinner very soon!

Sorry for the absence of photos in this post. I so wish I had my camera to capture all the great food we ate!

No comments: