Monday, December 29, 2008

Smoky Tofu-Black Bean Burger

Last night we went out to eat and I was craving a veggie burger and fries but the restaurant we went to had no veggie burger options. I settled for a nice plate of vegetable skewers, rice, beans and plantains instead. It was delicious but a part of me wanted a burger! So today this is what I planned for dinner. The recipe is the same as this one but using black beans instead of kidney beans. They are seriously delicious and a perfect palette for all the condiments you can handle. I go for Vegenaise, mustard, ketchup and sometimes bbq sauce and hot sauce. I didn't have time to make baked fries so I opted for Ore-Ida Golden Fries (not pictured).


Here they are before going into the oven. Kinda pale and unassuming don't you think?


But after 35 minutes in the oven, all lovely and browned and dressed with grilled onions.

6 comments:

Amy said...

Mmmm yum! I love burgers and black beans are my favourite bean. They look delicious!

Meg said...

MMM! I love tofu burgers and I love black bean burgers...brilliant!

Tami said...

Looks like a great burger..check out those onions!

Coyadre said...

I know this post is old, but I looked up tofu and black bean burger recipes and found this. I just made them this evening and they were delicious! I'm following! Hope the other recipes here are just as great :D

Anonymous said...

Bombburgerity

LuckyStella said...

Ten years later and it's still the best recipe I've found.