Sunday, December 28, 2008

Pancake Puffs!

Decided to use the "Pancake Puffs" pan I got for x-mas. I say, you need patience for this! It's the flipping part that you have to learn how to perfect. They come with these sticks that you use to flip them and if you don't do it deftly enough, the batter spills over and what you get is a perfect round puff on one side and an imperfect bumpy puff on the other side. I think I'll try to perfect my flipping technique before I start making chocolatey or creamy fillings. I do not know of a vegan Ebleskiver recipe so I used the pancake batter recipe from Vegan with a Vengeance and kept it simple with a little powdered sugar and maple syrup. They were delicious and fun to eat.


I photographed them pretty puffy side up.


Drowned in maple syrup.

Edit: This pan also doubles as a "Kanom Krok" pan which I loved to eat when I visited Thailand.
http://www.templeofthai.com/recipes/kanom_krok.php

4 comments:

aTxVegn said...

What cute little puffs! New toys are so fun.

Amy said...

Awww they're adorable! And they look delicious!

laura said...

try the veggie pot pie recipe in the candle cafe cookbook. i get raves from veg*ns and omnis every time i make it.

Tami said...

Those are so cute!