Monday, December 8, 2008

Snobby Joes Take 2



I finally got around to making Snobby Joes once again. The first time I made them, I didn't have any burger buns so I had to use corn tortillas which were actually quite good. This time I had cracked wheat buns as well as a nice spinach, red pepper and cranberry salad with a strawberry balsamic vinaigrette. I had all the ingredients for a healthy meal. Protein? Check! Dark leafy greens? Check! Whole grains? Check! Antioxidants? Check! A very satisfying and tasty meal that took me back to my "Manwich" eating childhood.

Quick Strawberry Balsamic Vinaigrette

2 tsp strawberry preserves
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup olive oil
1-2 tsp dijon mustard (optional)

Whisk all ingredients together. You may use less preserves if you want it less sweet.

7 comments:

LeAnne said...

You never let us down. Looks awesome.

Sal - AlienOnToast said...

I've never made snobby joes but they looks so good, I gotta give them a go!

Anonymous said...

Yum! I love those. Thanks for the dressing recipe!

Maryam in Marrakesh said...

That dressing sounds totally fab. I would have never thought of that combo!

Lovlie said...

Strawberry Balsamic Vinaigrette! Wow that sounds nice! Yum!

aTxVegn said...

You've reminded me to make those Snobby Joes again. Your vinaigrette sounds delicious.

Monique a.k.a. Mo said...

Manwich. Ha! Memories. Guess what I have to type in to post this comment? LARDclat.