Friday, December 12, 2008

Pesto on Pizza and Baked Goodies.



Everytime I order a pizza delivery, I always always make a pesto sauce to dollop on top. It's so yummy and will probably always be the way I eat delivery pizza forever. Husband called me up from work and suggested pizzas for dinner. I said yes but then thought "Oh no! I have nothing to make pesto with!" No basil, no spinach... So I got creative with some edamame and cilantro. The result was lovely. I think this sauce will go really well with pasta.


Edamame Cilantro Lime Pesto

1/2 cup cooked edamame, shelled
3 cloves garlic
1/2 cup walnuts
handful of cilantro leaves
juice of 1 lime
1/4 cup olive oil or more
salt and pepper to taste

Combine all ingredients in a blender and process to desired consistency. Add more olive oil or water if you want a thinner pesto.


Tomorrow we are visiting some friends who we haven't seen for a while and I wanted to bring something for them for the holidays. I made Isa's Mocha Chip Muffins (but made them into a loaf) and also her Chocolate Chip Cookies. I haven't tried either of them yet as they are gifts but they are so beautiful. Check it out!





EDIT: I just sampled one of the cookies. OMG! Heaven....

4 comments:

Monique a.k.a. Mo said...

I effing love how adaptable you are. Whether it's turning leftovers into something fabulous or making pesto out of edamame and cilantro...you just rule. You should teach a class or something!

Tami said...

Oh man, those baked goods look so good! And the pizza, too, of course!

Sarah said...

i'm making pizza and i'm sadly cilantro-less! alas.

aTxVegn said...

Cilantro pesto is one of my favorite things and I love it on anything. Those cookies sound so good. I really must make them soon.