Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Make favorite dish. Eat. Repeat.

I have this annoying habit when I really like something I will have it over and over without tiring of it. At least for a while. It could be movies (I've watched some films over 10 times), music (currently Doctor Who series 4 soundtrack on a continuous loop), books (I've read 'I Capture the Castle' more times than I can count) and finally food. If I like something and if it always turns out perfectly, I'll make it again. And again. And again... Drives my husband nuts.

Well tonight was one of those nights. I know I made Vegan Dad's mac and cheese a few weeks ago but I really wanted it tonight. It's cool and crisp out and I wanted some comfort food with a comfort vegetable. I made a side dish of garlic broccoli in which I burned some of the garlic but it still came out good.

On to the pics...


I did do something a little different. I used regular yellow mustard instead of the dijon that the recipe called for. Good!


I love broccoli.

You'll find the mac recipe here.

4 comments:

aTxVegn said...

I love that you love broccoli. It's good to eat it with mac n cheese.

Gina said...

I also love mac and cheese with broccoli!! In fact, I blogged a few days ago about some mac and cheese I made with broccoli baked right it. It soaks up the cheesey sauce, its soo good. I'll have to try Vegan Dad's recipe since you like it so much!

x said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
x said...

I am totally the same with repeating things, I watch, listen and eat the same things ALL the time! But hey, if it's good why not?! Your Mac N Cheese looks yummers.