Monday, November 10, 2008

West African Inspired Peanut Stew



I dig peanut butter in recipes. Whenever I see one that calls for it, I'm there. This recipe I got from the May/Jun 07 issue of Vegetarian Times. You can also find it online here. I've made this once before and I had used canned tomatoes with added green chiles in it and little did I know that my mouth would be on fire after one bite of the stew! I'm Thai and the Thai-ness in me loves hot and spicy food but for some reason I found it a little too spicy. So this time around I used plain canned tomatoes and added a few pinches of cayenne for a subtle spicy kick. I also added about a tsp of sugar and the juice of a small lime. (This must be the Thai-ness in me again...) There's another peanut stew recipe out there that uses kale and pineapple which I've also tried (again, the peanut butter attracted me to it) and it was pretty good as well. If you want something a little different, this rich, creamy peanutty stew with delectable veggies on top of rice might be what you're looking for...


Heaven on a bed of rice.

4 comments:

LeAnne said...

Peanut Butter in meals is so wonderful. I love peanut butter! Growing up my little brother use to call me Peanut Butter Queen.

kmouse said...

leanne,
you must try this recipe!

Anonymous said...

mmm i am obsessed with peanut butter. this recipe looks like the perfect thing for winter!

aTxVegn said...

PB makes everything better. The Vcon version is excellent too.