Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Spinach Lime Pesto on Pizza and Pasta

Last night on Election night, I wanted to kick back on the couch, turn on CNN and have some take out pizza. But first I needed to whip up this easy spinach lime pesto to put on top!


Isn't it so neon? It really was that color in real life. Pizza is from Grandma Lucia's and has eggplant, broccoli, mushrooms, sundried tomatoes and basil.


Tonight I took the last bit of pesto I had left and tossed it with hot pasta, black olives and pinenuts. (Sorry for the flash photo!)

Spinach Lime Pesto

1/4 cup slivered almonds
2-3 handfuls of spinach leaves
2 cloves garlic
1/4 cup olive oil
juice of 1 lime
salt and pepper to taste

Blend all ingredients in a blender until it's either a coarse paste or completely creamy and smooth. Your choice.

7 comments:

Jenni (aka Vegyogini) said...

Hello fellow L.A. vegan blogger! That is a beautiful slice of pizza. I can't believe you were able to get that many veggies on take-out pizza and how brilliant of you to add your own pesto.

Leslie Richman said...

I made my first pesto the other night with basil and pistachios. I am definitely going to give this one a try.

aTxVegn said...

Yummy! I love that green colored pesto.

All your posts lately have some really really great looking food!

Jenna said...

Funny! That's exactly what I wanted to do on election night, also! Except, my bf and I ordered Papa John's online to be delivered. Turns out they couldn't deliver it and it was a big huge ordeal! Would have been better to make our own !

J-Dub said...

I'm super excited to try this but also not really able to picture what it tastes like...is it super limey? Spinachy? Just plain old delicious?

Aubade said...

Whoa that sounds delicious and the pasta looks incredible. Damn I'm hungry!!

Dawn said...

Gotta love a basil-free pesto. I'm always substitute for the basil because somehow, I just don't really like it. Spinach and lime? I don't think life gets much better. I'll be trying this really soon.