Wednesday, November 12, 2008

French Onion Soup

Warm and comforting, soup will make you warm and fuzzy on a cold fall night. That's what I wanted so I made The Chicago Diner's French Onion soup. It has some nice flavors of oregano, red miso and tamari. I added some red wine and nutritional yeast for even more flavor. Very nice. I've got a big pot of it with lots of leftovers. I've had three bowls of it already and I don't know if I'll be up for soup tomorrow. I wonder what I can do with the leftovers. Maybe make a red wine onion gravy out of it? We'll see.


With a floating piece of garlic bread on top.

2 comments:

LeAnne said...

KABAM! I want it! haha, my verification word for posting this comment is "chingly" HAHAHA, how cute.

Gina said...

Oooh, this looks good! I've never even heard of that cookbook...and I am ALWAYS on the lookout for a new cookbook!!