Thursday, November 6, 2008

Breakfast and Lunch.

I woke up this morning with a craving for a tastier breakfast than oatmeal and toast. I made another Monte Cristo but this time with Tofurkey deli slices and Tofutti vegan cheese. Good flavors but weird looks. I wouldn't serve this to an omni.



For lunch and dinner, I made a couple of old favorites of mine vegan style. The first was a sweet and sour tofu and vegetable stirfry which came out rather nice though not the bright red color you see at chinese restaurants. I wonder how they do that. Food coloring? I also tried my hardest to make a Thai style vegan omelette by pureeing tofu in a blender and cooking it pancake style and flipping it over. It was very difficult and I think I would have been better off making a scramble instead. It's tasty though and seasoned with Thai mushroom soy sauce, scallions and tomatoes.

No comments: