Saturday, November 8, 2008

Mac n Cheezy.

There's nothing better than comfort food on the weekend. I was up early today and was watching some quality tv and a cooking show was on. A wife was cooking an anniversary meal for her husband and she made him mac and cheese alongside the obligatory piece of meat. The mac and cheese captured my attention and I knew that I had to make it, like right away. I pulled out Vegan Dad's mac and cheese recipe which happens to be the best vegan mac I've tried by far. It's got a creamy cashew base and is flavored with things like garlic and onion powder, miso paste (my fave) and nutritional yeast. It's freaking delicious. Just look at it!




Perfectly creamy mac n cheez with a side of garlicky baby bok choy.

5 comments:

Leslie Richman said...

I haven't met a vegan mac-n-cheeze I didn't like! They are all so good. I will have to give this one a shot too :)

Alicia (Vegan Guinea Pig) said...

I'm so glad you baked it, I wanted to bake it last time I made it but I was afraid of how it would turn out. Did you do anything special to it (besides add bread crumbs) when you baked it? And what temperature did you bake it at?

kmouse said...

alicia,
I didn't do anything different. Just blended the sauce ingredients, tossed it with the cooked macaroni, put it into a greased baking dish and baked it for about 20 minutes (uncovered) in a 350 degree oven.

Alicia (Vegan Guinea Pig) said...

Easy enough! Thanks

Anonymous said...

Wow... that looks so freakin' delicious!