Wednesday, November 26, 2008

And...Begin!

The big feasting day is tomorrow. I'm so excited. This will be my second Thanksgiving with a table full of vegan food and I can't wait to eat all night tomorrow and into the weekend. I made the pie and the butternut gratin today to save up some time as the oven will be in use for several more dishes tomorrow. I had the house to myself today so it was nice to turn on some music and take my time prepping in the kitchen. Buster rested.


"Did someone say pie?"


"While you're busy, I'll take a nap. Wake me when you're done!"


Butternut Squash Gratin. This dish is so good. It's meltingly tender and flavored with garlic, parsley and sage. Recipe is in The Mediterranean Vegan Kitchen cookbook.


Very easy pumpkin pie recipe from The Almost No Fat Cookbook. It's gorgeous and vegan! The recipe is also posted online here.

All that's left is the tofu loaf, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, stuffing and gravy!

2 comments:

Gina said...

That squash looks soooooo good!!

Sarah said...

he is very cute, that buster.