Sunday, March 29, 2009

Roasted Veggies, Potato Salad and Pine Nut Couscous


I feel like I haven't made anything really healthy in a while. Today my goal was to make something simple using vegetables. I've forgotten how simple and delicious roasted vegetables are. I made asparagus, carrots, zucchini, red onions, yellow onions roasted in extra virgin olive oil and a little bit of salt and pepper. I served them with pinenut couscous and Veganomicon's Prospect Park potato salad (I used red potatoes this time). I can eat this meal every night, it was so good.

5 comments:

nora said...

yes, isn't it convenient that the easiest food to prepare--roasted vegetables--is also one of the tastiest? grilled carrots, sweet potato, and pineapple are also delicious!

Anonymous said...

I have to try pine nuts in couscous, sounds divine!

Mary said...

I just roasted some asparagus and artichoke hearts (from a can) today. Roasted veggies are my favorite!

veggievixen said...

mmm, roasted veggies are my favorite! i've made them a ton in the past few weeks. this whole meal looks really delicious and satisfying.

Gauri Radha गौरी राधा said...

Looks good and very healthy :-)