Sunday, March 22, 2009

Potato and Chickpea Curry with Rice



I love lazy cooking, don't you? Any recipe where it requires you to throw a bunch of ingredients in a pot or dish, stick it in the oven and go about your business for an hour is just damned genius isn't it? Today was one of those days. I didn't want to be bothered. All I wanted was to be lazy and lay in front of the tv watching episodes of 'The Vicar of Dibley', but I also wanted a nice, healthy, comfort food dinner at the same time. I got this recipe from a back issue of Vegetarian Times. In it, there is an article about dutch oven cooking with a few accompanying recipes. You can find this recipe online here. I don't have a dutch oven (though I really REALLY want one) so I ended up using a Corningware covered casserole dish. I only made 1/3 of the recipe, as the original quantities serves 8 which is way too much. The only real work I had to do was cut up a potato, 1/2 an onion and 1/2 a zucchini. Not bad at all. I heart casseroles!

I usually don't enjoy Sunday evenings but today is nice. I am able to enjoy a hot comforting dinner and a night of funny tv. Oh and dessert is covered!

2 comments:

Mary said...

That looks easy and delicious. Thanks for the recipe link!

Carrie said...

Sometimes a nice "lazy" meal is just what we need! This looks great!