Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Miso Macaroni



I got this recipe from The Veggie Lovers Cookbook. It's supposed to be macaroni but I used brown rice spiral pasta instead. I love anything flavored with miso and this dish has lots of it. I used Kyoto White Miso paste which is very light and sweet. I'm sure if you used red or any darker colored miso it would have a different flavor. The sauce is made with broccoli, onions, garlic, miso, veggie broth, Earth Balance margarine, nutriitonal yeast and tamari. It's very good!

6 comments:

Glue and Glitter said...

Your food pictures somehow manage to make me hungry even when, like now, I have JUST eaten.

Anonymous said...

Yes, it looks very good. This is what I have been looking for to make. What a great idea! Thanks.
~N:)

Run Sarah said...

That looks so yummy...very creative.

Tami said...

YAY for miso! I'll bet that was delicious.

Jen Treehugger said...

Oh that looks so yummy.

MeloMeals said...

Looks delicious! I really love the brown rice pasta...