Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Sunflower Seed Paté

I was inspired by "Smoothie's" post over at the PPK forums the other day to make this. Apparently she was up at 3 am eating sandwiches, one of which was sunflower paté on ryebread. It sounded so good so today I pulled out Ani's Raw Food Kitchen and found a recipe for "Save-the-Tuna Paté" which consisted of sunflower seeds, lemon juice, garlic, carrots, celery, onion and dulse flakes. I didn't want a fishy flavor so I left the dulse flakes out. I had some on ryebread with radish and later I will have some on top of salad. Mine came out more orange because I used too many carrots and a little sour because of too much lemon! I think my lemon was way too big. But it still tasted good and I will make it again in the future.


It came out very nice and creamy yet still with texture.


My lunch.

Edited to add: The recipe for this is online at the Happy Cow forums. It's here and is the second post. (You'll notice it says to use carrot pulp. I don't have a juicer (yet) so I just used 2 grated carrots.)

3 comments:

Sarah said...

There you go again, making me make things. I'll do it! I even have some Ani bread fresh made and ready to go!

Jen Treehugger said...

How funny - that links to me and my recipe though it's not the one you're on about.
*pouts*

Only kidding!
Yours looks delish.

LeAnne said...

Is that german sunflower seed bread I see there?