Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Club "Sang-wich".

I mean Club Sandwich of course. I just remembered my husband telling me that the italians in his old neighborhood of St. Leonard (in Quebec, Canada) pronounced it that way which I think is kinda funny....

Anyway, this was my morning, preparing baked tofu and tempeh bacon to make these sandwiches. Tomorrow my husband will find one in his lunch. Hope he likes them!


Baked Tofu and Tempeh Bacon. Recipes from "You Won't Believe It's Vegan!" The tofu was marinated with a mixture of olive oil, mustard, garlic, soy sauce and balsamic vinegar. I slightly overbaked them so they have a crispy exterior.


My sandwich prepared with lots of Vegenaise, lettuce, tomato and crisp toast. I was going to make it a triple stack but I thought that would be too much. The tempeh bacon was good but I have to say not as good as the recipe from Vegan with a Vengeance. But overall this was a very good and satisfying sandwich.

Edited to add: Puppy pics from the same day.

And Buster contemplates a nap.


*yawn* "Man, I'm tired even after 12 hours of sleep last night..."


"I think I'll just rest my eyes..."


"Zzzzzzzzzzz."

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yum, that looks so good.

Meg said...

Oh man, I just ate lunch but now I'm hungry again, those look amazing!

aTxVegn said...

The tofu looks just the way I like it, nice & crispy! I had a friend in high school who said sangwich.

LeAnne said...

MUST. HAVE. SANG-WICH!

Sal - AlienOnToast said...

yeah those look amazing!!

my Mum pronounces it sangwich too, for some unknown reason.

Jen Treehugger said...

Yummy that looks soooo good.

Eric said...

That looks so delicious. Simple but really good. That tempeh bacon is sooo good. I use that in a lot of things I cook as well.

Anonymous said...

What do you feed your dog? Just wondering what vegans feed their pets. Thanks!