Sunday, January 18, 2009

Giving in to a pizza craving...

Oh my my my, this pizza was so flipping good! It doesn't look as pretty as the pizzas I've made before but the taste totally makes up for it. It's a basic Trader Joe's pizza dough with homemade sauce (tomato sauce, olive oil, salt, oregano, sugar, garlic and onion powder), red onions, lots and lots of chopped garlic, chopped up Tofurky Italian veggie sausage, grape tomatoes and a bit of parsley. I also sprinkled vegan parmesan on it. I think it was the abundance of garlic that really took it up "a notch". And to just make it all better I made a spinach and arugula (rocket) salad that was lightly dressed with olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper and served it on top of the pizza. Absolutely delicious. I ate half of this pizza in one sitting!



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks truly awesome. I'm seriously craving pizza now.......

veggievixen said...

your pizza looks so yummy! i love putting pesto on pizza...mmm mmm good!

Carla said...

We're actually having pizza for dinner tonight. I may have to top it off with a Rocket salad..... YUM

Dawn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dawn said...

I gave into the pizza craving today too. It's nice to see when other people are on the same wavelength. Yours is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

That looks like a really nice pizza!