Thursday, January 1, 2009

Pita Pizzas

For lunch today I made pita pizzas. I haven't made these in a while. I keep forgetting to do so when I have an abundance of pitas which I did. So I made a couple pizzas with the leftover marinara from last night, lots of cold fighting foods: garlic and onions, red bell peppers, sliced tomato and spinach. All you do is spread the pitas with your sauce, top with veggies and heat in a 400 degree F oven for about 15 minutes. Quick, easy and gives you extra time to lay in bed and doodle around on the internet (which is what I've been doing all morning). Before I ate my lunch, my husband (who gave me this cold in the first place!) produced a half shot of Absolut Peppar which he claims will fight my cold. It was actually quite nice. It's basically vodka with a hint of Tabasco sauce.
So onto the pizzas...


Once out of the oven I topped them with a fresh spinach salad that was dressed in olive oil and lemon juice. These were so good. The pita crusts were nice and crispy and the overwhelming garlic flavor was amazing.


And some fries. Hey why not?

EDIT: Black Eyed Peas salad for good luck!

1 comment:

Lovlie said...

I used to make pizzas from pita breads too, it's so quick but I don't remember to make them often! Yours look so tasty! And fresh spinach, my favourite greens, yum!