Friday, January 9, 2009

Black Pepper Cheeze



Another raw recipe from Ani's Raw Food Kitchen. I loved the sunflower paté so much (it's all gone now.) that I had to try another delightful spread from this book. I chose the black pepper "cheeze" recipe because I had everything for it (cashews, garlic, lemon juice, black pepper) and it was easy to whip up in my blender. I also sprinkled some crushed red pepper and dried parsley into the cheeze for some color. This stuff is really really thick and creamy and tasted very cheese like. The cashews give it a very rich flavor. I really don't know how else to eat it besides spreading it on stuff. I didn't have any crackers so I put some on cucumber slices and topped them with olives. I really wish I had crackers because it was difficult to spread this on the cucumber. It was sliding off from all the moisture. So if you decide to ever make this, bring out the crackers!

7 comments:

trucksr4gurls said...

ooh, what about grilling eggplant slices, spreading some of the cheese on add spinach, roll 'em up and pop them in the oven for a few.

kmouse said...

That sounds lovely!

Sarah said...

i like it on the sunflower seed bread w/ cilantro on top. or in raw tacos.

Carrie said...

That looks awesome! I need to get that cookbook...

Jen Treehugger said...

Mmmm it does look tasty and I can imagine how hard it must be to spread on Cucumber (giggles)
I like trucks4gurls suggestion too.

trucksr4gurls said...

eggplant, fresh tomato slices, a big thick slice of multi grain bread, on tortillas and roll them up with a black bean and corn mixture, fold bits of it into steamed mixed veggies.....

left this over on the ppk too. obviously i really need to make some of this - fast.

Anonymous said...

yum! i have ani's cookbook and i like how you mix raw with cooked, it makes it easier to eat healthy if it tastes good and is easy to prepare. i was 100 percent raw vegan on and off for many years, it felt like a diet and was very frustrating at times. eating raw and cooked vegan has been much easier and i feel great! thanks again for all the inspiring recipes. i work near a 99 ranch market ( i think thats right) in torrance and am going to check it out on my lunch break!