Monday, January 5, 2009

Pasta. Again!



It's just too easy. I made this last night after staring into the refrigerator for about 5 minutes, totally stumped as to what I felt like having. I saw broccoli. I saw grape tomatoes. I also saw olives and "Parmezano Sprinkles"*. I'll make pasta! Luckily I had a box of angel hair pasta in the cupboard. Not my favorite (I'm into spaghetti and linguine) but it would have to do. I sauteed the broccoli, tomatoes and some garlic in olive oil, cooked the pasta and tossed it all together, adding lots more olive oil, 4-5 more cloves of crushed garlic and the olives. I sprinkled some crushed red pepper flakes and the vegan parmesan (not pictured) over the top. It was delicious. It made a mountain of pasta so we'll be having it again tonight.

*"Parmezano Sprinkles" is a recipe from The Ultimate Uncheese Cookbook. It's a vegan parmesan cheese substitute which uses almonds, miso paste, nutritional yeast and salt. Email me if you want the recipe! devilandmouse[at]yahoo.com

5 comments:

Sal - AlienOnToast said...

Looks lovely, really colorful! I often have those days when I stare into the fridge, hoping for inspiration!

Anonymous said...

Yum, that looks good! These kind of meals are always the best.

Anonymous said...

Looks yummy. Sometimes the simplest dishes are the best ones.

VEGAN TICKLES said...

I drooled just looking at the picture.

Jen Treehugger said...

Mmmm that looks divine. You have such similar tastes in food as me.