Saturday, January 10, 2009

BBQ Baked Tofu



Haven't had tofu in a while so I bought some today to make bbq baked tofu. I was going to make a homemade bbq sauce out of Veganomicon but I didn't have most of the ingredients so I used a bottle of Trader Joe's Smoky Kansas City Style BBQ sauce in a pinch. To go with my saucy tofu, I had Brooklyn Deli Pasta Salad (which is a recipe from Veganomicon) and garlicky sauteed zucchini. It was all very delicious indeed.

If you're interested in baking some tofu slices, here's a good recipe. I pretty much followed the baking time instructions but instead of using the marinade, I dipped my tofu slices in bbq sauce and I baked them on a baking sheet instead of a dish. It was very easy and I can see myself making a big batch of this to use for sandwiches.

4 comments:

veggievixen said...

i just marinated my own batch of bbq tofu...maybe i'll try baking it! thanks for the inspiration.

Amy said...

Mmmm that looks fantastic. I wish I could eat tofu!

Sal - AlienOnToast said...

I love baked tofu. I haven't made that pasta salad yet but it looks good!

trucksr4gurls said...

hmm been wantin' me some bbq. now if it just wasn't 10 miles to the nearest store that carries tofu.