Thursday, August 27, 2009

Chickpea and Vegetable Korma



As some of my readers already know, I love a good curry. Thai, Indian, whatever, I'm all over it. It's one of the easiest things to make. I like plopping everything in a pot and letting it simmer away while my rice cooker cooks the rice for me. All I had to do was sit back in front of the fan with the ball game on. Super easy, no fuss! You'll find the recipe here. I added a few things to my curry: 1 TB tomato paste, 2 tsp. unrefined sugar and low sodium soy sauce to taste. I also used 1 can coconut milk instead of the creamed coconut/water mixture. I've never had korma before, vegetarian or not so I can't say how authentic it is. But one thing I can say, this is delicious.

8 comments:

veggievixen said...

mmm, looks like the perfect little bowl of deliciousness! i love these flavors and chickpeas are my favorite!

marciferous said...

I was wondering about the creamed coconut...I can't recall seeing that before (outside a specialty shop maybe?). Looks DELISH!

kmouse said...

marciferous,
I'm assuming she meant cream of coconut which I've seen before in grocery stores. I didn't have any so I just used coconut milk. :)

marciferous said...

Several of her recipes there sound interesting - I am particularly intrigued by the Chickpea Burgers!

I've also noticed (from watching her TV show) that she uses lots of aduki beans - I'd never heard of them before, much less seen them in a store. Have you used them?

kmouse said...

marciferous,
The chickpea burger recipe is soo good. I've blogged about them before if you search for "chickpea burgers" in my blog. As for aduki beans, they are delicious and slightly sweet. She has a recipe for aduki bean burgers in a cookbook I have that I want to try soon.

Anonymous said...

Love the show, You are What You Eat, will have to try her recipes as I just asked Borders Books to hold a copy for me.

mppaul2

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.