Monday, August 3, 2009

Cauliflower Spinach and Mushroom Quiche



I remember the last time I had a quiche made with eggs. It was probably about 4 years ago at Marie Callenders. It had broccoli and peppers in it and it was awful. I think they reheated it the microwave so it was watery and very soggy and just plain gross. Well, who needs a quiche made with eggs anyway? This vegan version is gorgeous. It looks beautiful all baked and browned and tastes deliciously creamy. No one would know that it's got a tofu and cashew base. I've made this one a few times before using the 'Classic Broccoli Quiche' recipe from the Vegan Brunch cookbook and it always came out perfect. I had different veggies on hand today and couldn't see why it wouldn't work using them instead of broccoli. I was very happy with the smells coming out of the oven and even happier when I took it out, all golden and beautiful. This will be supper tonight paired with a salad after a hard day at work.

11 comments:

Kamaile said...

How nice to come home to that!

Anonymous said...

I'd say this quiche definitely makes up for the last horrible quiche experience you had. It looks great!

marciferous said...

Gosh, that is BEAUTIFUL!

Rose said...

Wow, ive never had vegan quiche, it looks delicious!

Rose

I Am Gluten Free said...

This looks great and so easy to make gluten free. I just need to make it with a gluten free crust. Thanks for the inspiration!

~Ellen
www.Iamglutenfree.blogspot.com

aTxVegn said...

It looks so fancy! What a terrific dinner.

vegan.in.brighton said...

Yum that looks great, I don't know why I'd not thought of adapting this recipe, nice idea! I used to love ham quiche (ewww!) and now I'm going to try to make a vegan version!

Jen Treehugger said...

That looks totally perfect for a Quiche. I so must make this recipe.

Jen Treehugger said...

Oh I've just noticed - is that link recipe the same as the Vegan Brunch one?

kmouse said...

Jeni,
Yes this is the same recipe in Vegan Brunch!

Monkey Vegan said...

Mmmm mushroom quiche! I'm gonna try subbing the broccoli for different veggies too! Do you just use the same quantity of veg (ie: 3 cups?) Love your blog!!!