Saturday, August 8, 2009

Apple-Plum-Strawberry Crumble



Summertime is the perfect time to make a fruit crumble. I went to Real Food Daily with my husband and in-laws this afternoon and for dessert we had their peach-blueberry cobbler. It was quite good and it inspired me to make a fruit dessert. I've made this before using mango and strawberries and I can imagine using any fruits that you have available. I had a ton of red delicious apples plus a few juicy plums that were very ripe. I didn't have fresh strawberries so I used some frozen ones I had in the freezer. It was delicious! I based the recipe off of the one here and substituted Earth Balance margarine for the butter, agave for the sugar and cut the brown sugar in the topping in half. Still sweet and scrumptious.

4 comments:

Jen Treehugger said...

Yummy. Looks so good!

Vic Robinson said...

This looks great! An awesome summertime treat! My cobble / crumbles always fail. They end up like bars. The taste is great but sometimes you just want a cobbler! haha

aTxVegn said...

That is such a beautiful cobbler! I always think they look ugly and boring, but yours looks fantastic.

MIchal said...

Your cobbler looks great. I love the idea of combining plums and strawberries, thats unusual :)