Monday, November 2, 2009

Want Some Dim Sum?



Dim sum is like the greatest thing ever. It's like a chinese version of tapas, an array of light dishes which can make an excellent dinner. Dim sum may include something like what I made tonight: yummy dumplings of steamed dough with a tasty filling and dipping sauce. One year on my birthday back in my omni days, my friend and cousins took me to a local dim sum restaurant. It was so fun getting to choose which dishes we wanted from shu mai to steamed buns and dumplings of all kinds. Unfortunately a veggie dim sum place is nowhere to be found here in Los Angeles, at least not to my knowledge. Tonight's dinner featured only one dish of tofu and veggie potstickers with a homemade sweet and sour sauce served with coleslaw. If it was the weekend, I would have made a few more dishes to heighten the dim sum experience. But just having these and salad was completely satisfying.

Recipe for potstickers here. (This time I steamed them in a steamer basket instead of pan frying first!)

4 comments:

Oraphan said...

Mmmmm!!! Those potstickers look oh so perfect! Are you sure they are homemade? They look so good with coleslaw and the sauce. I'm now craving Dim Sum!!!

chow vegan said...

I love dim sum! Your dumplings look so good! At first I thought it was a pic at a restaurant - they look so perfect. :-)

Carrie said...

Those look really good! I've never had dim sum before...perhaps I should make myself some!

Monique a.k.a. Mo said...

Yummy! I love me some potstickers.