Sunday, November 8, 2009

Casserole-ing It.



Hot from the oven, bubbling away...a casserole is a one pan meal that you can dish out on a plate, grab a fork and happily eat in front of the tv. This is what casseroles mean to me. There is something so comforting about them. Not only is it easy and quick to get on the table, but it's economical. It always makes a lot. You can eat it all week if you want. I made my favorite standby: quinoa veggie bean burritos, enchilada style today. I've made this dozens of times and it always gives me the same result. Like warm hugs, this dish will make you feel comforted and cozy inside.


My plate of yumminess with added avocado. In case you're wondering what the orange blobs are on the top photo, it's Vegenaise!

10 comments:

AMY said...

That looks delicious!! I agree, casseroles are comforting, just like warm hugs :)

Tara said...

This looks so good! Thanks for the link to the recipe!

Oraphan said...

Wow! That looks absolutely amazing! It really does sounds comforting like warm hugs. Thanks for recipe, Kim!

Anonymous said...

It looks great!

Trinity (of haiku tofu) said...

oh yummy. quinoa is not usually a food I get drooly over, but you did it.

Dawn said...

Looks wonderful. Especially when the weather starts to cool off I want casseroles too.

Chelsea said...

Vegenaise? Crazy! I never would have thought to cook it like that! Thanks :)

Mike K said...

This looks awesome - perfect for this time of year - thanks for the recipe link, have got to try this one!

Melisser; the Urban Housewife said...

I love a good casserole & that looks delish!

aTxVegn said...

This looks amazing! I love casseroles too.