Friday, November 27, 2009

Vegan Pumpkin Waffles


I so had this for dinner. I felt really guilty and full of white flour and sugar afterwards but then I thought, 'what the hey! it's the holidays!'. This is the recipe from 'Vegan with a Vengeance'. I think I may have messed up because while the outside was semi crispy, the inside was a little mushy. I was playing around with the amounts of sugar (I decreased it by a bit) and the amount of oil and pumpkin. So it was very much my fault for fiddling around with the recipe. But the taste was good and I ate all of it with melty Earth Balance margarine and maple syrup. I was so sugared out after I finished that I had some salty/sour sauerkraut and pepperoncini to balance my taste buds out, haha!

4 comments:

Woobie is Vegan said...

well, these waffles do look delicious. I never thought about pumpkin but now that you mentioned it - yum!!

Emily said...

I also made Isa's pumpkin waffles today (except I had them for breakfast). My sister also mentioned that they were a bit mushy on the inside, but I followed the recipe exactly. They were still absolutely delicious though. Maybe it's the recipe...?

bridget said...

I know those waffles! I tend to decrease the sugar from recipes in that book, and usually the texture is the only negative consequence. I totally do that too, with the taste thing. I'll have maple oatmeal with dates or something for dinner, then be like "pickle time!" Glad I'm not the only one.

Monique a.k.a. Mo said...

I love those waffles!